Moderator: nate

Re: This Forum and It's Future

Postby blitz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:19 pm

I didn't even realize I said bro :lol:

B add me on PSN if you haven't yet or give me your name. Blitz_ace
blitz

Postby Weidleface » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:43 pm

blitz wrote:It was playing RPGs from the PS forums and the first original TMP that brought us all together. I actually thought about someone from the PS forums the other day. Can't think of his name, Hearth/GY would know and actually meant to ask him on Facebook. Aeris-something was his name on PS forums, even B might know. Really bugging me I can't remember.

I didn't really outgrow gaming, but I just play COD when I do and whatever else is easy to pick up. None of the newer RPGs really appeal to me, not even FFXV. XIII was a huge letdown after XII was so great, but XIII-2 ended up being possibly one of my top 5 in the series... only because during the time period I played it, the amount of time I put in, being able to achieve 100% in the game made me feel good. But the gameplay was great and I didn't have to do any absurd exploring.

The most I have played of anything recently was GTAV on PS4 when the reptiles attacked during the holidays and knocked PSN down. Blasted MGSV:GZ (awesome!!!!!) and waiting on Phantom Pain, and kind of mustering up the "want" to play Last of Us. Story seems to be going ok, but gameplay is nothing impressive IMO.

Anyway that was a tangent but Rag if you got the book you can find me on there but knowing YOU you probably don't :lol: Plus it's 2015 I also have one of those e-mail accounts

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Weidleface

Postby nate » Thu May 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Straight up: I feel guilty for not contributing more to these boards lately. The last General Discussion post? Almost 2 months ago. Honestly, since I stopped really playing video games, I don't have much to contribute to y'all's discussions. Can't really talk about the job online, most of y'all aren't big readers of novels or comics, but GLS and I do an admirable job of trying to have music discussions with each other despite a limited intersection on that venn diagram of personal taste. :(
nate

Postby Kazriko » Fri May 15, 2015 3:41 am

nate wrote:Straight up: I feel guilty for not contributing more to these boards lately. The last General Discussion post? Almost 2 months ago. Honestly, since I stopped really playing video games, I don't have much to contribute to y'all's discussions. Can't really talk about the job online, most of y'all aren't big readers of novels or comics, but GLS and I do an admirable job of trying to have music discussions with each other despite a limited intersection on that venn diagram of personal taste. :(

Well, I added something to the music discussion. A big old list of bands I like. Maybe we can find more intersection... Or not. I'm pretty weird.
Kazriko

Postby Weidleface » Fri May 15, 2015 10:04 pm

nate wrote:Straight up: I feel guilty for not contributing more to these boards lately. The last General Discussion post? Almost 2 months ago. Honestly, since I stopped really playing video games, I don't have much to contribute to y'all's discussions. Can't really talk about the job online, most of y'all aren't big readers of novels or comics, but GLS and I do an admirable job of trying to have music discussions with each other despite a limited intersection on that venn diagram of personal taste. :(

I'm kind of in the same boat. I still play a decent amount of games, but more often than not I'm playing one Smash Bros. game or another. I can do movies, music, TV on occasion, but almost all of those seem to suffer from the same venn diagram issue you mentioned. Also Now that it's summer I'm back to being busy as hell. :(
Weidleface

Postby TSL » Fri May 15, 2015 10:43 pm

There's no need to feel guilty. These boards are like that old friend you see once in awhile. You may not talk often, but when you do, it's like you just saw each other yesterday.

For me, I'm not 25 and angry at everything on the planet anymore. :lol: So I have more to be thankful for and less to rant about (since ranting was my mainstay). Back in the day, forums were great for unleashing all my PTSD-fueled fury. Now, I'm just grateful to be alive and enjoy the blessings God's sent my way. Plus, I'm older and have way more refined tastes than I did 5 years ago when I was still trying everything. Now I know not to play games like Pier Solar or The Talos Principle because they will ultimately frustrate me (hence we all have less opportunities to connect on common gaming round).

And now that I have the YouTube outlet, I'm finally able to say all the craziness I'm thinking instead of having to type it out as a 3-page essay on forums.

Since the MySpace days, I've been saying message boards' days are numbered on the internet. Social media gives people a common platform to interact instead of 1000 unique rabbit holes they have to sign up to talk on. It's hard to sustain activity on a message forum unless it is centered on a more specific set of themes with a strong user base (or unless it's forums designed to help people fix a problem).

TLDR: Don't feel guilty, just feel free to come in and comment as you have something to say. Every once in awhile, we'll have something common to connect with.
TSL

Postby Weidleface » Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 am

bchambers wrote:
For me, I'm not 25 and angry at everything on the planet anymore. :lol: So I have more to be thankful for and less to rant about (since ranting was my mainstay). Back in the day, forums were great for unleashing all my PTSD-fueled fury. Now, I'm just grateful to be alive and enjoy the blessings God's sent my way. Plus, I'm older and have way more refined tastes than I did 5 years ago when I was still trying everything. Now I know not to play games like Pier Solar or The Talos Principle because they will ultimately frustrate me (hence we all have less opportunities to connect on common gaming round).

So I got bored and started going through some old PSU posts (circa '08 or so), and I kinda miss salty B. :lol:

That poor place is a soulless shell of its former self. It's kinda depressing, really. I'm amazed that I haven't been booted from the MVP program for inactivity yet.
Weidleface

Postby TSL » Tue May 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Weidleface wrote:
bchambers wrote:

So I got bored and started going through some old PSU posts (circa '08 or so), and I kinda miss salty B. :lol:

That poor place is a soulless shell of its former self. It's kinda depressing, really. I'm amazed that I haven't been booted from the MVP program for inactivity yet.

I don't even know how to find the site anymore. Link me to some of my old saltiness. :twisted:
TSL

Previous

Return to General Discussions