Bug Reports

Moderator: nate

Bug Reports

Postby administrator » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Are you running into issues while navigating our site? If so, please report them here so that our Admins can look into it.
administrator
Site Admin

Re: Bug Reports

Postby Ocyd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:30 am

Not really a bug persay, but but things seem really slow to load and move between pages and such.
Ocyd

Postby nate » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:07 pm

Do I need to log in a second time on the main site to post comments? It rejected my comment on your article because my name was in use. I'm logged in on the forums, but not on the main site, it seems?
nate

Postby TSL » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 am

nate wrote:Do I need to log in a second time on the main site to post comments? It rejected my comment on your article because my name was in use. I'm logged in on the forums, but not on the main site, it seems?

No, you are logged in. This content management system just has problems with commenting extensions (and with social applications in general). To test my theory, try to post your comment again and use a fake email address. The email is what I've noticed causes this issue in every other situation I've seen this issue pop up.

I was really hoping this extension would not cause this issue. In the meantime, I will attempt to remove the email requirement.
TSL

Postby TSL » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:31 pm

bchambers wrote:
nate wrote:Do I need to log in a second time on the main site to post comments? It rejected my comment on your article because my name was in use. I'm logged in on the forums, but not on the main site, it seems?

No, you are logged in. This content management system just has problems with commenting extensions (and with social applications in general). To test my theory, try to post your comment again and use a fake email address. The email is what I've noticed causes this issue in every other situation I've seen this issue pop up.

I was really hoping this extension would not cause this issue. In the meantime, I will attempt to remove the email requirement.

Disregard, I found the comment extension I've been wanting to use for some time now. Everything should be gravy now.
TSL

Postby nate » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Yep, it worked. Seems strange that it doesn't use your log in to post, but that's small potatoes in the big picture. ;)
nate

Postby TSL » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 pm

nate wrote:Yep, it worked. Seems strange that it doesn't use your log in to post, but that's small potatoes in the big picture. ;)

Word. it's a 3rd party extension, so it's not directly tied to the user-account management system organic to the site (and that's a GOOD thing). This is why you no longer need to log in to the site to comment. This way guests can comment without having to join the site if they just want to leave feedback. The other good part is this is the same system almost all of the top-tier publishing sites use, so most folks in cyberland should be familiar with it.

8)
TSL

Postby nate » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Articles are not hotlinked from the sorted categories on the main page. If you go into the RPG category, you can't click on articles from there. Or, if you can, I'm not sure how to.

Edit: Bad example. You can for RPGs, but not for things like Simulation or Achievements.
nate

Postby Doomer » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:16 am

Is there a way to increase the font size when I'm typing messages? Its very tiny right now.
Doomer

Postby TSL » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:07 pm

The only way to do it at this point is to change the resolution on your screen. I'm looking for a long-term solution in the administrative area and at other templates that won't break the setup we have here. More to follow.. 8)
TSL

Next

Return to Support Forum