Kaz' Vagrant Story Playthrough

Moderator: Kazriko

Kaz' Vagrant Story Playthrough

Postby Kazriko » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:03 am

11-6:
Played a bit over an hour of Vagrant Story. Lots of storyline though, not much action for that first hour. I just picked up the chaining skills, which is something I recall vividly from the first time I played it. I really don't recall how far I got into this game though, except that I was fighting an enemy that even when I managed to chain 40+ attacks on him, he was still standing.

This session, the toughest thing I've fought is a Minotaur, which was down in about 5 hits.

Reducing your risk during battle is done by an item, and the items so far are limited in the game. I wonder if there will ever be a shop or something?

Graphics wise, this is about what I expected. Typical late PS1 graphics. The storyline is also typical of the Ivalice games square has released. Fairly detailed, etc.

Definitely using a guide this time around. I don't want to end up in the same state I was last time I played it.

11-12:
3 hours and 6 minutes in, with 9% of the map complete. Getting used to the system a bit now. I really don't like Phantoms though, hate how they bounce around the screen and throw 80+ damage attacks at me.

I've finished the Wine Cellars, and I'm on the last screen of the Catacombs. Finally got to where I can replace pieces of the weapons, but it doesn't do me that much good right at the moment. I also have a dedicated weapon for 4 different types of enemies now, 1 for dragon/lizards, 1 for undead, 1 for beasts, and 1 for humans. No dedicated weapon for phantoms yet, but I'll probably just use the undead weapon for them for now, since the other ones I tried were less than effective.

Not much progress on the storyline so far. Maybe in the next area...
Kazriko

Return to Round 12 - Tales of Zestiria + Vagrant Story