Current Playlist

Moderator: nate

Re: Current Playlist

Postby nate » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Started up Broken Age. Didn't have much time to play, but I absolutely love this world and art style so far. I'm really looking forward to getting deeper in.
nate

Postby Uncle Boom » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:16 pm

I heard that Weidle, Heroes is probably more fun to play than Zerg anyway - I hate playing Zerg X] Terran aw DAY!!!
I suck at Starcraft, but it's probably because I have no friends who play it - everyone in even unranked games is better than I am, and so much cheeze - it's crazy! I don't have LotV yet but Haller if you ever want to play SC2 sometime!

I'm playing Xcom EU on Classic (Hard), gonna POP some Aliens with the clapper and let em rot where they fall! Whooooo!
Sol System Fa LYFE!
I can't log in anymore (?) ...But this is my TA/XBL Account from years ago!
http://www.trueachievements.com/CaptainOvaltine.htm
Image GoW2 Lvl 100 Image GoW2 Serious2.0 / All Achievements!
Uncle Boom

Postby merph518 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:50 pm

I've got a lot on my plate right now.

I'm about halfway through Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (PS4). I need/want to finish it up, but I've been distracted by Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC), which is one of the RPG Club games this month. I'm almost 13 hours into Trails already, it's pretty good. I'm also an hour into King's Quest Ep.2: Rubble Without a Cause (PS4). It's a fun game but I've had it backburnered since before Christmas. Need to get back to that one.

I have three more rentals waiting to be played, Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4) (only going to play the single player campaign), The Talos Principle (PS4) and Back to the Future 30th Anniversary (PS4).

I also received Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3) for Christmas and ideally I'll be tackling that game once I finish Trails in the Sky SC. I'm hoping that for February, either Cold Steel or some other game I've already beaten will win... so I'll have time to play this.

merph518

Postby Kazriko » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:06 am

merph518 wrote:I've got a lot on my plate right now.

I cleared a lot off the first few days of the year myself, but still quite a bit to go.

merph518 wrote:I'm about halfway through Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (PS4). I need/want to finish it up, but I've been distracted by Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC), which is one of the RPG Club games this month. I'm almost 13 hours into Trails already, it's pretty good.

After playing the main shovel knight campaign, I think I want to wait awhile before attempting the DLC.

I'm also working on Trails, but I'm still back in new game + on FC. want to 100% that on BP and get the special weapon for Estelle before I go into SC.

I'm still working on replaying Dark Cloud for the gameclub too. In the middle of the second chapter doing some weapon grinding.

merph518 wrote:I have three more rentals waiting to be played, Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4) (only going to play the single player campaign), The Talos Principle (PS4) and Back to the Future 30th Anniversary (PS4).

Talos Principle is also on my list, but I think I'll wait until after I finish Dark Cloud to tackle it.

BTTF I do want to play. Eventually. I imagine The Witness will come out before I finish Talos Principle, and that'll time me up for a bit before I can move onto anything else.

Aside from that, since I'm almost a month and a half ahead on my retro goals, I decided to tackle a big PS3 game. Ni No Kuni. Can't wait to get back into that one.

I also still have Sly Cooper 3 on my list to play, but that'll have to wait until after Trails SC. I might poke at it here and there if I don't feel like Trails. Still want to finish Vagrant Story on the PSTV, but that really fell off a cliff for me when it was the gameclub game. Xenoblade Chronicles X and Disgaea 5 are both still on my "want to play, sooner rather than later" list.

I also really want to go back and finish Pixeljunk Eden. It's about time, really. If I get that and Ni No Kuni done, I'll be covered up to the middle of March for my main goal.

Time and Eternity's platinum is still staring at me as well. It's not the highest of priority, but I do want to polish it off someday.
Kazriko

Postby rwburnham » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:35 am

Most of my gaming time over the holidays was spent on Star Wars: The Old Republic. I am blasting my way through the Trooper class stories, and it’s been a lot of fun considering I have yet to find a Jedi companion. I joined a guild a few weeks ago and I like these people. They’re talkative, friendly, and they are always inviting people on missions. I went on a guild operation into the Eternity Vault and it was fun, although operation missions tend to take a long time. We died a few times, and some of the non-guild people got annoyed, but everyone else was just having fun and learning the area. I’ve been playing MMOs since 1999, so I long ago outgrew the need to get mad at MMO deaths. Besides, compared to the EverQuest raids of old, the raids in this game are easy.

EvilQuest is a game that feels a lot like the NES game Crystalis, except you play as a bad guy. I have put a couple of hours in, and so far it is fun, but it also makes me yearn for Crystalis, which is one of my favorite games on the NES.

Final Fantasy VI finally hit Steam and despite users complaining about bugs I bought it. I know that I just played the game on Android but I seriously cannot get enough of this game. Now that there are achievements attached, I am going to really try to make it all the way to the end, despite the World of Ruin being a little tedious. I’m coming for you Kefka!

I don’t play many shooters these days, but I enjoyed the Borderlands series enough to buy Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It’s very much like the other games, and so far that’s a good thing. I am playing as Claptrap because I find him rather charming. Like the other games, this one forces you to buy DLC to have access to all of the characters, which is stupid.

Anomaly 2 was gifted to me by my good friend Bobby, who knows I love strategy games. This one is strange because your vehicles move along a set path and you control a single trooper who can move freely and support the vehicles that are on rails. It’s a weird, unique game that feels kind of awkward, so I am not yet sure if I like it or not.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 might just be the worst video game title I have ever seen. Combat is a little too action-heavy for my taste, and the characters are a little annoying, but I am having fun with the game.
rwburnham

Postby Kazriko » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 am

First, I finished off Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC on New Game+ Hard mode, then I fired up LoH:Trails SC and put about a half hour into it.

When I got home from work, I felt like trying something new and unusual, so I went back to my PS3 for a bit. First, I played Pixeljunk Eden. For some reason, my saved game has been lost, along with all of the spectra I earned from gardens 1-6. :( I decided to shelve that game for later... Or never, maybe.

So I looked through my PS3 list for something else to play, and stumbled on Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension. I bought this game when it came out solely on the strength of its developer, High Impact Games. The last game I played from them was Secret Agent Clank for the PSP. In any case, after 10 minutes of playing this I was struck by how much of a doppleganger this game is for Ratchet and Clank: All for One. If they had 4 player and a bit more cooperative attacks to kill certain enemies, it'd be almost identical. You slowly get new weapons, and you level them up. As you level them, you can upgrade them in a variety of categories. There's even bolt-turning segments, but you use an anti-gravity ray instead of a wrench. The currency for the game is electrical components instead of bolts, but that's still pretty similar. There's ammo, but it regenerates on its own, which is probably the biggest difference.

I think I would have enjoyed it more if it didn't glitch out on my PS4 controller. Unfortunately, the PS3 controller I have has some vertical d-pad glitches and was constantly switching between my weapons, which made the game difficult to play. I may have to buy a new PS3 controller just to play this silly game. (Well, not just this one. I'm sure I'll run into others that won't work with the PS4 controller.)

Though, it did say it worked with the PS3 move Navigation controller. Maybe I should dig that out of wherever the heck it's stored and try it first. The game seems simple enough that it might be playable solely with that. If I had two of them, I might even be able to control both characters at the same time. (Like Ibb and Obb, or The Adventure of Cookie & Cream.)

rwburnham wrote:EvilQuest is a game that feels a lot like the NES game Crystalis, except you play as a bad guy. I have put a couple of hours in, and so far it is fun, but it also makes me yearn for Crystalis, which is one of my favorite games on the NES.

Crystalis was a great game. Too bad SNK didn't make anything more that was like it... At least as far as I know.

rwburnham wrote:Final Fantasy VI finally hit Steam and despite users complaining about bugs I bought it. I know that I just played the game on Android but I seriously cannot get enough of this game. Now that there are achievements attached, I am going to really try to make it all the way to the end, despite the World of Ruin being a little tedious. I’m coming for you Kefka!

I don’t play many shooters these days, but I enjoyed the Borderlands series enough to buy Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It’s very much like the other games, and so far that’s a good thing. I am playing as Claptrap because I find him rather charming. Like the other games, this one forces you to buy DLC to have access to all of the characters, which is stupid.

Nod. Of course, I just played one of the 4 default characters myself. Didn't bother with the DLC. Though... I'm thinking most of the DLC came with the PS4 version? I'd have to check.

rwburnham wrote:Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 might just be the worst video game title I have ever seen. Combat is a little too action-heavy for my taste, and the characters are a little annoying, but I am having fun with the game.

I've still never met a Idea Factory game that I've truly enjoyed. Maybe I'll give another one a try sometime.
Kazriko

Postby nate » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:18 pm

I cannot handle Last of Us. This game is too dark and too damned stressful. I've heard the story is incredible, but I don't know that I can stick with it long enough to get to that.
nate

Postby merph518 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 am

I'm currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel on PS3. Playing it right after finishing Trails in the Sky SC has me appreciating this game all the more... it's cool to see how the series has improved over time while still feeling like the older games. I'm about 18 hours into the game at this point, on chapter 2.

On the side, I'm playing Adventures of Mana on my tablet. It's basically an HD reskin of the original Final Fantasy Adventure game on Gameboy. Gameplay is very simple, but it's been enjoyable so far. Only about an hour and a half into this game, I bought it yesterday and will be playing it on my lunchbreaks or when I'm unable to play console games.

I've paused my playthrough of Persona 4 Golden until I finish Trails of Cold Steel. They're very similar games and I didn't want to play them at the same time. I'll most likely pick it up as my mobile option as soon as I finish Adventures of Mana, which doesn't look to be very long.

I've also got my rental copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops III that I need to finish at some point. I've been too into the Trails games lately and keep putting it off.

merph518

Postby merph518 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:24 pm

4 days later and I've already changed my plans.

I finished Chapter 2 in Trails of Cold Steel and am going to put it aside for maybe a week to tackle a few shorter games. Cold Steel is great and I'm enjoying it... but I'm starting to feel a little burned out after playing so many long RPGs back-to-back. Taking little breaks helps with that, and since I just finished a chapter in the game I figured it was a good time to do so.

I'm now about 80% through Call of Duty: Black Ops III and should finish the game tonight. After that, I've got rental copies of Call of Duty 3 and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for PS3 that I'll start playing through in order.

Call of Duty was a series I never gave a second thought to as I'm not into the competitive FPS scene. After playing through Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare last year on a whim, I realized that the single player campaigns are quite fun... especially after having invested in a XIM4 adapter to be able to use a mouse for FPS games on console. (I use a PS Navigation controller in my left hand and a Razer Naga MMO mouse in my right, it's pretty great).

I made it a goal this year to play through more FPSs with the XIM4, to make sure I get my money's worth out of it.

I also picked up Firewatch today and plan to squeeze that in sometime soon. It looks really good. Lastly, Assassin's Creed: Chronicles is on the way from GameFly. I've already beat the China game, but have yet to play India or the new one, Russia.

merph518

Postby Kazriko » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:12 pm

merph518 wrote:4 days later and I've already changed my plans.

I finished Chapter 2 in Trails of Cold Steel and am going to put it aside for maybe a week to tackle a few shorter games. Cold Steel is great and I'm enjoying it... but I'm starting to feel a little burned out after playing so many long RPGs back-to-back. Taking little breaks helps with that, and since I just finished a chapter in the game I figured it was a good time to do so.

8<---

I also picked up Firewatch today and plan to squeeze that in sometime soon. It looks really good. Lastly, Assassin's Creed: Chronicles is on the way from GameFly. I've already beat the China game, but have yet to play India or the new one, Russia.

Hah. I said much of the same the other day. I was going to play Talos Principle, Sly 3, and other short games... And what do I end up doing?

I spent most of the last week either playing Minecraft, or Tales of Hearts R...

Picking up Firewatch as well. Going to try and go back to my original plan more and save the minecrafting for Friday.

Goals:

Portable: Sly 3 -> Tales of Hearts R -> Trails of Cold Steel
Home PS4: Talos Principle -> Firewatch -> The Witness
Home PS3: Assassin's Creed 2 -> Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension -> Remember Me -> Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -> Ni No Kuni
If I have time, and don't feel like playing the above: Vagrant Story, Minecraft, Disgaea 5, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Other projects: KVM Virtual Machine with PCI Passthrough support. Want to get it so I can run games at full screen inside of a Windows VM, instead of having a second computer with windows on it, or dual-booting to windows.
Kazriko

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming