Re: Current Playlist

Postby Kazriko » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:04 am

Oh look, I found a message from Merph

https://twitter.com/Kazriko/status/697328550362243072
Kazriko

Postby merph518 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:49 am

Ha, nice.

Edit: I just watched a long trailer for Far Cry Primal and it looks badass. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI_HA5H ... =UbisoftUS

merph518

Postby TSL » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:26 am

Persona 4 (Thanks Nate!) - This story is extremely intriguing so far. Even moreso than P3. I hope the gameplay is a bit more fun once I get into it.

Dark Cloud - I hated this game the first time I played it. I actually kind of dig it now. Although, it moves a bit slower than it should with progression. 9 Floors in to the dungeon and I should have a dang party member at this point. lol
TSL

Postby Kazriko » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:48 pm

TSL wrote:Persona 4 (Thanks Nate!) - This story is extremely intriguing so far. Even moreso than P3. I hope the gameplay is a bit more fun once I get into it.

Dark Cloud - I hated this game the first time I played it. I actually kind of dig it now. Although, it moves a bit slower than it should with progression. 9 Floors in to the dungeon and I should have a dang party member at this point. lol

Are you still on the first dungeon?

You should get xiao after the 8th floor of the first dungeon. The rest are all about half-way or 2/3rds of the way through their dungeons.

You should get a potion and a stray cat atlamilla on the 8th floor. you put the cat in your house, then give her the potion.
Kazriko

Postby rwburnham » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:25 am

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC) - I am working my way through Chapter 3 of the Bounty Hunter story. I just finished up Voss and I’m heading for Corellia, where I think the class story will finally wrap up. Once finished with that, I’ll switch over to another character as I plod ever forward to my goal of finishing all eight storylines. Unless my subscription runs out, in which case I’ll probably not re-subscribe for the time being.

Knights of the Old Republic II (PC) - This new Steam version has been great. I haven’t run into a single bug. I am currently exploring the jungle moon of Dxun, where we’ve met a community of Mandalorians. I still don’t have a lightsaber, but I’m close to getting one. I am playing as a Light Side character, which means I get yelled at a lot by Kreia.

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC) - This game feels more shallow compared to Civ V, but it’s a neat take on the old formula. I like it so far, but I don’t love it. The tech web is very convoluted. I feel like that could have been built better, or maybe streamlined. Playing this game actually makes me want to buy the expansions for Civ V, because I think I prefer that game because of the way it weaves real cultures together.

Company of Heroes 2 (PC) - This is a game that stays installed on my gaming PC at all times because it’s amazing. Missions are tough and stressful, so I can only play one or two missions in a row before needing a break from the game. They did a great job of capturing some of the stress of war. I would love to see Relic Entertainment explore other wars, like WWI or Vietnam. Or perhaps they could do a parody game like McDonald’s versus Burger King.
rwburnham

Postby merph518 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:39 pm

rwburnham wrote:Or perhaps they could do a parody game like McDonald’s versus Burger King.

They could base the story (or at least a mission) on Burger King proposing a peace treaty (http://www.eater.com/2015/8/26/9210227/burger-king-mcdonalds-mcwhopper) and McD's rebuking them.

merph518

Postby rwburnham » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:42 pm

merph518 wrote:
rwburnham wrote:Or perhaps they could do a parody game like McDonald’s versus Burger King.

They could base the story (or at least a mission) on Burger King proposing a peace treaty (http://www.eater.com/2015/8/26/9210227/burger-king-mcdonalds-mcwhopper) and McD's rebuking them.

I love it! :D
rwburnham

Postby rwburnham » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:22 am

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) - The first few hours of this game involve Lara constantly almost dying. Things settle down for a minute when you find a big hidden city, and then it’s back to constantly almost dying. The game is almost too frantic at this point, but fun enough to want to keep going.

Knights of the Old Republic II (PC) - I am moving through this game as quickly as possible, not because I am bored with it, but because I just want to get to the combat sections. The moon of Dxun had a lot of great creatures to kill. Onderon was less fun because most of my time there involved solving a murder mystery, but then we got to kill a bunch of people while trying to leave. I managed to reactivate HK-47 and to pick up Visas Marr. Now we’re on Nar Shadda, and I am sure there will be lots of people to murder in the name of justice.

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC) - I finished the Bounty Hunter storyline, which unlocked the flame thrower ability for all of my other characters. Next up I hope to run a few missions on my Inquisitor (my first character) to get him a few armor upgrades, then it’ll be on to my Sith Marauder.

Peggle 2 (Xbox One) - I completed all of the Jimmy's Jammin' Jaunt levels, hit 5000 orange pegs, won a level with at least 12 balls left, and completed all of the Hallelujah Hollow levels. I could play this game forever.

Rogue Legacy (Xbox One) - Making progress in this game is very tough, and the difficulty changes drastically with each attempt. Sometimes I can chop my way through enemies like Christmas butter, while other times I get taken out in about ten seconds. I don’t think I actually like this game, but it's clearly designed to be frustrating and that makes me want to play it out of pure spite.
rwburnham

Postby Kazriko » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Kazriko wrote:Goals:

Portable: Sly 3 -> Tales of Hearts R -> Trails of Cold Steel
Home PS4: Talos Principle -> Firewatch -> The Witness
Home PS3: Assassin's Creed 2 -> Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension -> Remember Me -> Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -> Ni No Kuni
If I have time, and don't feel like playing the above: Vagrant Story, Minecraft, Disgaea 5, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Finished:
Home PS4: Talos Principle -> Firewatch -> The Witness
Reordered the PS3 games since Dragon's Dogma is up next month.
Should have Sly 3 done soon, I'm at Chapter 5, so I have at most a chapter and a half left.

Updated goals:
Portable: Sly 3 -> Tales of Hearts R -> Trails of Cold Steel
Home PS3: Assassin's Creed 2 -> Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen -> Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension -> Remember Me -> Ni No Kuni -> Disgaea D2
Home Other: Vagrant Story -> Disgaea 5 -> Xenoblade Chronicles X -> Earthbound

Saturdays: Minecraft
Other faffing about: Fantasy Life

Other projects: KVM Virtual Machine with PCI Passthrough support. Want to get it so I can run games at full screen inside of a Windows VM, instead of having a second computer with windows on it, or dual-booting to windows.

This was a bust, so I'm working on acquiring parts for a second computer... Slowly.
Kazriko

Postby merph518 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:14 pm

My playlist has switched up a bit since my last post.

I ended up fizzling out on Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel at the start of the second chapter. Not due to the game itself, as I was enjoying it... I think I just got a bit burnt out on long RPGs. That led me to put the game down to knock out a few FPSs.

And then... I saw the trailer for the 3.2 patch for Final Fantasy XIV. It got me thinking about the game again. I had bought Heavensward on sale last year for PS4, but had never resubscribed to check it out. I decided to sign up for a three month subscription in order to a) catch up on what I've missed in the past year since I played last and b) not feel like I had to get it all done in 1 month. I've been playing quite a bit, working my way through patches 2.4 and 2.5 and now working through expansion (3.0) content. I'm playing Ninja (used to play Black Mage) and it's a nice change of pace.

On the side, at home, I'm messing around with The Book of Unwritten Tales. It was given to me for Christmas and I hadn't played it yet. It's alright so far... it's a very old-school adventure game. It's a bit satirical/snarky, but a lot of the humor comes out pretty dry. I'll likely finish the game as I have the second game in the series as well... though it's nothing spectacular. Hopefully the second game improves on the formula.

Normally I'd pick a mobile game (3DS/Vita/Android) to play at work over lunches or whenever the opportunity arises. This week I thought of bringing my Wii U into work and hooking it up instead of playing a mobile type game. My monitor has HDMI input, but I've been playing mostly off-screen on the gamepad to avoid awkward looks from passing coworkers. It's kind of like playing on a more powerful Vita or something. The game of choice here is Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, which I bought a couple months back but haven't got around to yet.

(My work setup)

I figured a Zelda game would be a good warmup for the release of Twilight Princess HD, which I have preordered. I actually had the game back on GameCube years ago, but never finished it for some reason. I don't really remember why, but it was probably due to my MMO addiction.

merph518

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming