What's One Game We Could All Play Together

Moderator: nate

What's One Game We Could All Play Together

Postby TSL » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:39 pm

Is there one or any number of games we'd all be willing to play online. Some type of game that allows multiple folks to play together at once. Here are a few that I know I'll be playing (or will be willing to play) in the future:

Minecraft (PS4 or PC if necessary) - Probably getting PS4, but could go PC if yall wanted to play there
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4) - Definitely Getting
Battlefield 4 (PS4) Already Own It
Guild Wars 2 (PC) - Would get it if we all were willing to play together
Torchlight 2 (PC) - Already Own It
Rust (PC - FUN AS CRAP) - Already Own It
Fistful of Frags (PC - FUN AS CRAP) - Free and Already Own it - Very easy to pick up and play
7 Days to Die (PC) - Already Own it
Dragon Quest X (Wii U) - If it ever comes stateside

That's all my old brain can think of of the top. Yall toss out some games.
TSL

Re: What's One Game We Could All Play Together

Postby Kazriko » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:30 am

bchambers wrote:Is there one or any number of games we'd all be willing to play online. Some type of game that allows multiple folks to play together at once. Here are a few that I know I'll be playing (or will be willing to play) in the future:

Minecraft (PS4 or PC if necessary) - Probably getting PS4, but could go PC if yall wanted to play there

I have this for PS4, but I could buy on PC. On pc though, it's best to have a dedicated server for this. I haven't really started playing this too much.

Dragon Quest X (Wii U) - If it ever comes stateside

This would be the reason I bought a Wii U, if it came over here, so I'd love to play that.

Here's others that I can play with people if they want:

Diablo 3 (PS4)
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
Destiny (PS4)
Final Fantasy 14 (On Leviathan and Excalibur) (Any platform, PC, PS3, PS4)
Kazriko

Postby nate » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:29 pm

I don't have a PC. Are any of those compatible on Mac?
nate

Postby TSL » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:03 pm

nate wrote:I don't have a PC. Are any of those compatible on Mac?

Rust definitely runs on mac if you have the specs for it.

I imagine Minecraft does too.
TSL

Postby Kazriko » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:29 pm

bchambers wrote:
nate wrote:I don't have a PC. Are any of those compatible on Mac?

Rust definitely runs on mac if you have the specs for it.

I imagine Minecraft does too.

Minecraft is Java based, so it runs on almost anything. Of course, the PS4 version has better draw distances than the PC version because it's C++ and not Java.
Kazriko

Postby nate » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:53 pm

I'd be into Minecraft if y'all were down. Lots of my students play it so it'd be cool to see what the fuss is all about.
nate

Postby Kazriko » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:48 pm

nate wrote:I'd be into Minecraft if y'all were down. Lots of my students play it so it'd be cool to see what the fuss is all about.

Do you have a PS4? With PS4, it's easy. Someone's system acts as the server. pc/mac/linux I think we would want to setup a server.
Kazriko

Postby TSL » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:03 am

Kazriko wrote:
nate wrote:I'd be into Minecraft if y'all were down. Lots of my students play it so it'd be cool to see what the fuss is all about.

Do you have a PS4? With PS4, it's easy. Someone's system acts as the server. pc/mac/linux I think we would want to setup a server.

I didn't realize PC play was that hard... But it does explain all the people I see on Google+ communities talking about renting and setting up a Minecraft server. If that's the case, maybe I'll stick on PS4... Does PS4 play online with PS3 players? Nate doesn't have a PS4.
TSL

Postby Kazriko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:30 am

bchambers wrote:
Kazriko wrote:

I didn't realize PC play was that hard... But it does explain all the people I see on Google+ communities talking about renting and setting up a Minecraft server. If that's the case, maybe I'll stick on PS4... Does PS4 play online with PS3 players? Nate doesn't have a PS4.

It's actually not hard really. It's just a small expense to set it up and keep it running. The benefit to playing on PC would be a persistent world where we wouldn't need any specific person to leave their PS4 on so others could play. You could probably set up a server on anyone's PC if needed but you'd have the same issue as the PS4 version. I do have friends who run Minecraft servers too.

I actually just bumped my server, rise.arkaic.com, up to 2gigs of ram and installed minecraft on it. Need to do some tweaking still, and I need to actually BUY minecraft for PC so I can try to login to it, but it should be running.
Kazriko

Postby nate » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:37 pm

That sounds like a colossal pain in the ass. Is there something we could play not necessarily together but simultaneously? Like FFX/ X-2 HD?
nate

Next

Return to Gaming