Games Completed 2015

Moderator: nate

Re: Games Completed 2015

Postby merph518 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:50 am

88 – 10/03/2015 – Star Fox 3D – 3DS – 1.25 hours
I was visiting family for the weekend and borrowed this game from my brother. I didn't remember it being so short (or easy!) I hadn't played the game since it first game out for the N64. Still fun and it has me wondering if I should be looking forward to the new Star Fox game for Wii U.

89 – 10/12/2015 – Xenoblade Chronicles 3D – 3DS – 69.25 hours
During the same trip, I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles again. I had played ~23 hours in May for the RPG club, but set it down to focus more on the Witcher series. I was able to pick the game back up without much difficulty, and since the story was light, I remembered pretty much all of it. Normally after setting an RPG down for a while, I'd restart, but I just picked up where I left off.

I got HOOKED. I didn't put the game down until I finished it, it felt like. Other than getting to the end boss underleveled, having to backtrack and grind before trying again -- I really enjoyed it. Great game. It has me wanting to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U.

90 – 10/13/2015 – Minecraft – Story Mode: Episode 1: The Order of the Stone – PS4 – 1.75 hours
Played through the first episode of this new Telltale game last night. I'm a huge Telltale (and modern adventure game in general) fan, so I'll buy pretty much anything they put out... even though I'm not really a fan of Minecraft. The game was surprisingly pretty good, and I appreciated how they kept within the Minecraft aesthetic. Not as good as Tales from the Borderlands or Walking Dead, but maybe a bit better than Game of Thrones. Looking forward to more episodes.

merph518

Postby Kazriko » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:21 am

#7 Oct/#76 2015, Soma. How do I write this without spoiling things... [spoiler]Perhaps this?[/spoiler] Nope, no spoiler tag support. Well, Spoilers if you click the link here. The first few hours are this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1Col5dWj7g over and over, and the ending is pretty much this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxucpPq6Lc It's not exactly virgin ground that this is treading, but it is an interesting story. I guessed a lot about it pretty quickly, but then it turned around and told me that by the time you hit the third area, so the deeper mysteries in it aren't actually obvious from the start, even though some of them can be.
Kazriko

Postby merph518 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 pm

91 – 10/14/2015 – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered – PS4 – 7 hours
I remember playing this game in June 2013 and thinking it was really rough around the edges. The remastered version for PS4 didn't make me feel that way at all. Granted, it's not as great of a game as #2, it looked and controlled just fine. Part of it might be that I first played the game when I was JUST moving into console-focused gaming... and I was really bad at aiming guns with an analog stick back then. I'm a bit better now.

92 – 10/19/2015 – Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered – PS4 – 10 hours
Absolutely gorgeous graphics, super fun game to play. Even playing through it for the second time I had a ton of fun. I remembered some stuff, but mostly it was just that areas looked familiar or that I knew to expect a bitch of a fight when I saw a certain area again. And goddamn, there were some really nasty gunfights in the last 3 chapters of the game. Frustrating, but I made it through. I can't imagine playing this on anything higher than normal though.

merph518

Postby Kazriko » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:06 pm

#8 Oct/#77 2015, Pathpix Zen. It took me 8 months to finish this one, and it only cost $1. It is my go-to game for if I'm stuck somewhere with only my phone. I recommend the series to anyone who likes logic puzzles.
Kazriko

Postby merph518 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:57 am

93 – 10/20/2015 – Dragon Quest Heroes – PS4 – 30.25 hours

Finished the game last night. I went into the game not knowing what to expect, but ended up getting completely hooked on it. I hope the sequel makes it to the states.

I was tempted to keep going and platinum the game, especially due to the fact that something like 15-20 quests opened up after defeating the final boss. That will wait until I purchase it at some point down the road (when the price is lower). For now, I've got a bunch of other stuff to play.

merph518

Postby nate » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:21 pm

merph518 wrote:91 – 10/14/2015 – Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered – PS4 – 7 hours
I remember playing this game in June 2013 and thinking it was really rough around the edges. The remastered version for PS4 didn't make me feel that way at all. Granted, it's not as great of a game as #2, it looked and controlled just fine. Part of it might be that I first played the game when I was JUST moving into console-focused gaming... and I was really bad at aiming guns with an analog stick back then. I'm a bit better now.

92 – 10/19/2015 – Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered – PS4 – 10 hours
Absolutely gorgeous graphics, super fun game to play. Even playing through it for the second time I had a ton of fun. I remembered some stuff, but mostly it was just that areas looked familiar or that I knew to expect a bitch of a fight when I saw a certain area again. And goddamn, there were some really nasty gunfights in the last 3 chapters of the game. Frustrating, but I made it through. I can't imagine playing this on anything higher than normal though.

You've GOT to play those things on the highest difficulties. I'd never played shooty games until them, but I was able to work my way through just fine. It's an absolute BLAST mastering those games.
nate

Postby Weidleface » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:05 pm

I finished/platinumed Life is Strange today. Great game overall, and a nice little spin on the modern point-and-click adventure games. I had some issues with the final episode, but as a whole package I really enjoyed it. I think it's definitely worth a shot if you like these types of games, but are tired with the typical TTG fare over the past few years.

PS4-

Mortal Kombat X
Borderlands 2
Until Dawn
Rocket League
Life is Strange

Vita-

Sound Shapes
Weidleface

Postby merph518 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:26 pm

94 – 10/21/2015 – Life is Strange – Episode 5: Polarized – PS4 – 4 hours
Finished the finale episode and platinumed the game. I really enjoyed the last episode, but thought the final choice was a bit lopsided. One had a decent ending, the other was meh. I don't want to get spoilery here so I won't go into any more detail than that. All in all, Life is Strange was an excellent game and exceeded the Telltale formula in a bunch of ways.

95 – 10/22/2015 – Tales from the Borderlands Ep5: The Vault of the Traveler – PS4 – 2.25 hours
Finished the finale episode and platinumed the game, heh. I sound repetitive. I found this game fun and light-hearted overall. It really fit into the Borderlands vibe well. It wasn't very hard-hitting though and I was a bit disappointed in the ending. It was a bit anti-climactic I thought. I still love Telltale, but both this game and Game of Thrones felt a little phoned in.

merph518

Postby merph518 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:55 pm

96 – 10/25/2015 – New Super Mario Bros. U – WiiU – 6.5 hours
Played this game mainly off-tv on the gamepad. It's great for small bits of time while watching my 2 y/o daughter. Beat every level but didn't bother collecting all of the star coins. The game did some new and interesting things with level design and had some new enemies, but fell short in the powerup department. Only one new powerup -- some flying squirrel thing -- and I found it fairly underwhelming (and rare). Last boss fight was fun.

97 – 10/25/2015 – Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Remastered – PS4 – 9.5 hours
Finished this game (and thus, the trilogy) for the second time. I still don't see why people rag on the third game -- I really like it, especially the backstory from Drake's childhood. I appreciated that the end didn't have crazy supernatural beings to kill or a big overpowered boss like the second game. Really looking forward to #4.

merph518

Postby nate » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:47 pm

I hated the third game of Uncharted, but I also wasn't the hugest fan of 2, particularly because of the boss at the end, among some other things. As the series went on, I felt like it became less about the adventure and more about action movie set pieces.
nate

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming