Games Completed 2015

Moderator: nate

Re: Games Completed 2015

Postby merph518 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:03 pm

104 – 11/10/2015 – Super Mario 3D World – WiiU – 10.25 hours
Probably the best Mario game I've played in years. Had a lot of fun messing around with it. For a while I was trying to 100% everything, but when I read you had to complete every stage with every character to unlock one of the worlds, I just said fuck it and finished out the game without caring about collectibles.

105 – 11/17/2015 – Tales of Zestiria – PS4 – 51 hours
Not the best Tales game ever, but I really enjoyed it. The story was different. I liked how it tackled religion without it being a mystical thing. The people worshipped the magical beings in their world, but lost faith over time and the world then went to shit. The characters were likeable and there wasn't the typical annoying child tagalong which I really appreciated.

106 – 11/17/2015 – Tales of Zestiria: Alisha’s Story – PS4 – 4.25 hours
As opposed to the main game, I was disappointed with this one. Coming from the end of the campaign, Alisha felt ridiculously weak and unfun to play. The story offered here would have been better served as cutscenes/skits than a playable scenario IMO.

merph518

Postby nate » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 pm

merph518 wrote:S
100 – 11/04/2015 – Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate – PS4 – 60.75 hours
My 100th game for the year! It also happened to be one of the best AC games in the series... I'd rank it after AC2, which is my all-time favorite. The game did away with Naval battles and Frontier outpost building to focus on being a game true to the first few games in the series. Both Jacob and Evie made great protagonists, though I found myself playing Evie more than Jacob (when I had a choice).

I had a ton of fun with this game and actually 100%'d the game which included (and surpassed) the platinum trophy. I actually enjoyed earning the optional challenges in each mission, something I've completely avoided in AC games in the past. I've played through the entire series, too, so it's saying something that this game got me invested in doing that.

I strongly recommend AC: Syndicate. It's not flawless, but it's a huge improvement over Unity and one of the best games since Assassin's Creed 2.

I heard it was Victorian London, which I'm a big fan of. The last one I played was III because I also like the American Revolution. I'm an extremely casual AC fan. I don't love the games, but I do love some of the settings, so I'll pick them up here or there.
nate

Postby Weidleface » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:50 pm

Finished Telltale's Game of Thrones yesterday. It was alright overall, but didn't have anywhere near the impact of either season of TWD or WAU. There are still a few story threads that I'm interested in that never saw any real resolution, but I'll just say that everything else definitely ended in a very Game of Thrones fashion.

PS4-

Mortal Kombat X
Borderlands 2
Until Dawn
Rocket League
Life is Strange
Game of Thrones

Vita-

Sound Shapes
Weidleface

Postby nate » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Weidleface wrote:I'll just say that everything else definitely ended in a very Game of Thrones fashion

Betrayal, sex, and death? With a weirdly high number of mentions of eating bread and cheese? :lol:
nate

Postby Weidleface » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:44 am

nate wrote:
Weidleface wrote:I'll just say that everything else definitely ended in a very Game of Thrones fashion

Betrayal, sex, and death? With a weirdly high number of mentions of eating bread and cheese? :lol:

Well... Yeah. :lol:

Maybe minus the bread part. And the sex. Can't have any of that in video games, after all.
Weidleface

Postby merph518 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:02 am

107 - 11/19/2015 - Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6: The Ice Dragon - PS4 - 2.25 hours
Really disappointed in the technical side of the finale episode. There were a LOT of missing sound effects and graphical stuttering in very key scenes, which weakened the impact of what was going on. The story was alright I guess - typical Game of Thrones type stuff. I didn't expect the whole season to be completely unresolved though.

Telltale just confirmed a second season is on the way. Hopefully they do a better job with it. It feels like they were rushing this out the door and didn't do enough QA.

108 - 11/22/2015 - Rise of the Tomb Raider - Xbox 360 - 18.25 hours
This game was great. It took everything that was good about the remake from 2013 and made it a bit better. Too bad that there was so much bullshit surrounding the timed exclusivity for Xbox. I decided to rent the 360 version since I already had the console and didn't want to wait a year to play it.

merph518

Postby Kazriko » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:05 am

#6 November/#84 2015, Starbound Beta. Not a finished product yet, but 1.0 is almost out. I rushed through all of the beta content, finished all of the quests, maxed out my ship, maxed out my matter manipulator, etc. I'll probably start a new character for the 1.0 release just to see all the new content.

#7 November/#85 2015, Indivisible Prototype. I didn't know if I should include this because it was so short, but might as well. Fun little Valkyrie Profile clone with much better graphics. Very interesting. Worth trying.
Kazriko

Postby Weidleface » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:31 pm

I bought Hatoful Boyfriend on PSN since I was mildly interested in it and it dropped down to $5 on their black Friday flash sale. It was just about as weird as you'd expect. It took me about 2 hours or so to finish one playthrough of it, and it appears I still have a decent amount of endings to earn on future replays. It's definitely worth the $5 for some absurd humor and wacky concept, but there isn't a lot of depth there. There are stats, but I have no idea how they actually factor into the game (if they even do at all). Regardless, It was still a nifty little experience.

PS4-

Mortal Kombat X
Borderlands 2
Until Dawn
Rocket League
Life is Strange
Game of Thrones
Hatoful Boyfriend

Vita-

Sound Shapes
Weidleface

Postby nate » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:06 pm

Mac
Wolf Among Us-- A-

3DS
Fantasy Life-- C+
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds-- A

Wii U
Lego Marvel Super Heroes-- D+
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker-- B-
Mario Maker-- B

PS3
Child of Light-- A-
Valiant Hearts: The Great War-- A+

Just finished Valiant Hearts. Absolutely incredible game. Chrono Cross may have been dethroned as the best soundtrack. And the story? Phenomenal. One of my new absolute favorites. For as few games as I've played this year and as little interest as I've had in the hobby, I've sure been lucky to play some fantastic stuff. Valiant Hearts and Link Between Worlds are possible Top 10, certainly Top 20 candidates for me.
nate

Postby fsmetal » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:38 am

I did a co op playthrough of Metal Slug X. Do I need to tell you that it is good? It is Metal Slug. I recorded the entire playthrough and have been uploading it to my Youtube channel. The Let's Play will be 6 parts.

After that, I am going to play through a couple of indie games.
fsmetal

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming