Games you dropped, 2015

Moderator: nate

Re: Games you dropped, 2015

Postby nate » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:14 am

LEGO City Undercover-- I played about 40% through before hitting a glitch that won't allow me to continue. There's a key in a sewer I'm supposed to pick up, but my character glitches above the floor and won't pick it up every time I come near. I've restarted the level 3 times trying to get past it to no avail. How the hell have there been so goddamned many of these freaking games and they STILL play like glitchy messes?! This one was really promising, too, as it had some cool features and played like a kid friendly GTA and cop movie spoof.
nate

Postby rwburnham » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:56 am

Final Fantasy IV (PC) - The later part of this game was getting way too tedious. Considering I already finished the SNES version many years ago, I think it was fair to walk away from this one.

Final Fantasy VI (Android) - I still adore this game, but the touch screen controls wore me out. I don't feel too bad about abandoning it because I already finished the SNES version awhile back. If it comes out for the PC, I'll get it again.

The Last Tinker: City of Colors (PC) - The controls in this game dragged down the whole experience, plus I just felt like I was wandering around for no reason. I think it wanted to be the next Mario game, but it was not.

Xeodrifter (PC) - Shoddy controls mar what could have been a neat little 8-bit exploration game.

Betrayer - After finishing up most of the investigations, I found myself wandering around, unsure where to go next. The map markers were not proving to be useful, so I gave up on finished the few remaining investigations. Regardless, this is a really neat, unique game with a slick black and white art style that I really like.
rwburnham

Postby nate » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:33 pm

I can't take any more of Costume Quest 2. It's a game that needs to get by on its charm and doesn't have near enough story, dialog, or charm to carry it. All it has is that clunky ass battle system with input lag (playing on Wii U) and battles that take WAY too long and go the EXACT same way every single time. I made it a little over 1/3 of the way through before deciding enough was enough.
nate

Postby merph518 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:37 am

nate wrote:I can't take any more of Costume Quest 2. It's a game that needs to get by on its charm and doesn't have near enough story, dialog, or charm to carry it. All it has is that clunky ass battle system with input lag (playing on Wii U) and battles that take WAY too long and go the EXACT same way every single time. I made it a little over 1/3 of the way through before deciding enough was enough.

I completely agree. Even the PS4 version had some lag issues. While running, the game couldn't keep up with the background scrolling without it hitching all the time. Really annoying and just bad code as you know the game didn't stress the hardware at all.

I enjoyed the first game because it was unique. The second one was just more of the same, really. I finished it but didn't really like it all that much. I would have dropped it if it were a longer game, I'm sure.

merph518

Postby Kazriko » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Funny, I thought I had posted that I dropped Sketchcross last year in here, but I hadn't. I just finished the game, but only because I wanted to get rid of the black hole on my trophy list. It's pretty easy to cheat through the puzzles using a guide, but the UI makes it excruciating to actually play the game. It's the only Nonogram game that I've ever hated. It's full of ambiguous puzzles that have more than one solution, and the interface is infinitely worse than the very first Mario Picross game from the 90's. I don't know how they thought this was good enough to release.

Though, I imagine if I downloaded Pokemon Picross, I'd probably hate that one too, but slightly less than this one.
Kazriko

Previous

Return to Gaming