Gaming Discussion Thread

Moderator: nate

Re: Gaming Discussion Thread

Postby nate » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Pokemon Go looks like the coolest thing ever. Now all they need to do is work on Google Glass support so that it can be just like the commercial. :D

nate

Postby nate » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:13 pm

I like the Wii U. It's a cool gaming system and I enjoy the games it had. Don't care if that makes me not a true gamer or what, but screw it. As of right now, I can't think of a SINGLE game on either the PS4 or X1 I want. I've got plenty to last me on the Wii U, though.

I will say this, however: This thing SUCKS for things that are not gaming. The fact I can't turn off the gamepad screen during Netflix? Or that I can't watch TV episodes online because the browser can't be updated? The fact that I'm still having to use my broken PS3 (which is loud as hell, to boot) for my non-gaming activities is really obnoxious, especially for someone who doesn't have cable and primarily uses Netflix for TV.
nate

Postby merph518 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 pm

nate wrote:I like the Wii U. It's a cool gaming system and I enjoy the games it had. Don't care if that makes me not a true gamer or what, but screw it. As of right now, I can't think of a SINGLE game on either the PS4 or X1 I want. I've got plenty to last me on the Wii U, though.

I will say this, however: This thing SUCKS for things that are not gaming. The fact I can't turn off the gamepad screen during Netflix? Or that I can't watch TV episodes online because the browser can't be updated? The fact that I'm still having to use my broken PS3 (which is loud as hell, to boot) for my non-gaming activities is really obnoxious, especially for someone who doesn't have cable and primarily uses Netflix for TV.

Get yourself a Chromecast. They're great for Netflix/Amazon Video/etc. I've got one downstairs that connects to my Plex Server upstairs, giving me access to all of our videos/tv shows.

merph518

Postby Kazriko » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:42 pm

merph518 wrote:
nate wrote:I like the Wii U. It's a cool gaming system and I enjoy the games it had. Don't care if that makes me not a true gamer or what, but screw it. As of right now, I can't think of a SINGLE game on either the PS4 or X1 I want. I've got plenty to last me on the Wii U, though.

Get yourself a Chromecast. They're great for Netflix/Amazon Video/etc. I've got one downstairs that connects to my Plex Server upstairs, giving me access to all of our videos/tv shows.

Yep, Chromecast is definitely one of the good options for that. We actually also have a couple of Roku devices in the house as well that also work quite well. There's tons of options in this field to choose from, many under $50.
Kazriko

Postby nate » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 pm

Yeah, it's just hard to justify spending money when I know I've got 2 devices that can do it. :?
nate

Postby nate » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:14 pm

There's a Greatest Game of All Time contest on GameFAQs right now. The match up right now has Dragon Quest VIII vs Persona 3. So glad they could pair up my two all time favorite games against each other. :lol:
nate

Postby SoulEaterQUEEN » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:45 pm

I actually kept my Wii to be my netflix machine. I am annoyed that you can't turn your gamepad screen off. I bought a Wii U controller pro just so I can use the gamepad a lot less -- I wish it would be compatible with netflix.

I basically bought my Wii U for Xenoblade chronicles X and Legend of Zelda Wii U!
SoulEaterQUEEN

Postby nate » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:06 pm

There's not a lot that I'm excited about game-wise, but Dragon Quest VII coming west and Pokemon Picross made my day. :D
nate

Postby Weidleface » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:24 pm

CLOUD STRIFE. SMASH BROS. BLESS YOU, MASAHIRO SAKURAI. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Weidleface

Postby nate » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Final Fantasy. I still have the nostalgia and excitement related to the brand, but I didn't play the last one (XIII-3 or XIV--either way didn't play it) and I don't want to play the next one. Still, the idea of a new Final Fantasy game warms the cockles of my heart. It's a strange relationship.
nate

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming