Clearing out the game collection

Moderator: nate

Clearing out the game collection

Postby nate » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:24 pm

For those who remember, I culled a HUGE portion of my game collection a few years back and dropped it down to games I'd replay or would have sentimental value. Honestly, that was dumb. Not because I miss those games, but because I can't even play half these damned games because they're on a system that broke and so I have absolutely no idea why I'm keeping them. So a second culling is upon us where I'm getting rid of many of those plus some other stuff accumulated since then.

Gaming going digital has really removed a lot of the need for me to keep many of these games. For example, the only PSOne game I can't buy a digital copy of is Dragon Warrior VII. All the others are online and I feel like I'd rather shell out $5 to replay them on my PSP or on the big TV than have to pull out my half busted PS2 and try to get that thing working. And all of my PS3 discs? There's no point in keeping those because my PS3 disc drive is broken and the PS4 doesn't have backward compatibility. I'm literally never going to buy a new PS3 to replay these.

Anyway, I'll be putting up a list of games I'm getting rid of at some point today if any of you are interested in any of these. Let me know.
nate

Re: Clearing out the game collection

Postby nate » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:37 pm

http://bit.ly/1UHseZO

There's a link to the list. I'm making a giant document to keep track of different prices I could get for trade ins with all of the games listed. Let me know if you're interested in any of them. They've all got cases and manuals, but some of the spines are a bit sun bleached. I've also got a GameCube if anyone's interested.

What's crazy is how RARE those PSOne games were when I was first hunting them down. Getting a reprint of Xenogears was HUGE back in the day.

Also: That copy of Diamond has a TON of Pokemon on the file if you want to pull them off. I did a LOT of training and got most of the National Dex up to that gen completed.
nate

Postby nate » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Also, on a completely different note: I've got the first 4 omnibus of One Piece (volumes 1-12 normally) and the first 17 volumes of Bakuman if anyone's interested in those.
nate

Postby Kazriko » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:55 pm

I periodically do the same thing, but it's usually only 4-5 games at a time, and mainly ones that I've either finished, or I found the digital version cheap. I have several systems that are less than half a dozen games from being finished and redundant. I almost never replay a game once I've finished it, unless I'm going for a platinum trophy...

I still buy physical versions when I can, and usually only buy the digital once it's nearly free.
Kazriko

Postby nate » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:01 pm

Yeah, I've beaten almost all of these. I didn't really like Etrian Odyssey or Bravely Default enough to finish, but I think I've beaten all the others.
nate

Postby Weidleface » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:36 pm

I'll get a solid list together later tonight or tomorrow, but I'll gladly take a LOT of that off your hands. I'm trying to build my collection back, as ass backwards as that might seem.
Weidleface

Postby nate » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:06 pm

Yeah... I just traded in a ton of it earlier today for Mario Maker. I figured you'd seen it by now. Sorry. :oops:

I've still got all the PS2 and PSOne stuff plus Star Ocean, Assassin's Creed, FF Tactics A2, Etrian Odyssey, Lumines, the 4 Pokemon, and Bowser's Inside Story.
nate

Postby Weidleface » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Eh, the only things that really affected on my end were FF III and Revenant Wings. Maybe some other stuff, but it wasn't that major. I think I've settled on:

FF Tactics
Legend of Dragoon
MGS

Dark Cloud 2
Tales of the Abyss
P3 FES
WA4

FF Tactics A2
Pokémon Diamond
Weidleface

Postby Doomer » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:59 pm

What do you want for Etrian Odyssey Untold? Does it come with everything, or just the game?
Doomer

Return to Gaming