2016 Gaming Goals

Moderator: nate

2016 Gaming Goals

Postby Kazriko » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:37 pm

I know its weird, but I never make "resolutions" for new years. I make goals. So far, in the two years I've made goals for gaming, I've managed to accomplish them. In 2013, I decided I was going to finish all of my GBA, GBC, and GC Games. (I did buy another GBA game after that though.) I managed that by June of that year. In 2014, I wanted to finish 18 games from previous console generations and get 3 platinum trophies. I finished the games by August and the 3rd platinum in September. Thus, I can probably be a tiny bit more ambitious this year.

2016, the PS3 officially becomes an obsolete console by Sony's 10 year console plans. My backlog for the PS3, though, is absolutely out of control. 83 games remain. Even if I finished half of those, it'd still be my 2nd largest backlog. I know I won't finish half of them, but maybe if I finish 20 of them a year for the next 3 years, I can get it down to a manageable level. Thus, my 3 goals for this year: 20 PS3 backlog games, 4 other obsolete console games (I'm thinking Zenonia, Golden Sun: Lost Age, Terranigma, and Illusion of Gaia, That would clear out my SNES, PSMini, and GBA backlogs) and 4 more Platinum trophies, since I got 5 this year and I want to keep that going. I'm going to hold off on my PS2 backlog for awhile since we don't know how many of those will shift to the PS4.
Kazriko

Re: 2016 Gaming Goals

Postby nate » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Finish Yoshi's Wooly World. I've been playing it for 3 months. I think I should be able to beat it in the next 12. :lol:
nate

Postby merph518 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:46 pm

I don't generally set yearly goals. One thing I'd like to do is catch up and complete all of the RPG Club games I've skipped or fizzled out on. That'd be:

• Final Fantasy X-2
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Jeanne D'Arc
  • Star Ocean 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • The Legend of Dragoon
  • Breath of Fire IV
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Vagrant Story

I don't know if I'll actually get it done, but I do own all these games and I'd like to make an effort to get them off my backlog.

merph518

Postby Uncle Boom » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Word Up Kaz, You got some work to do! Last gen had some awesome games for sure, Good Times Ahead I reckon! I'm not really much for New Years, I usually have a few beers and look at the moon, say my farewell and reflect on the Previous year... I'm gonna do a little blog video for my channel this year, as the gaming and social headway I have made have been nothing short of amazing to me. Seems a little vain but, in the interest of my own sentimentalism... ;)
My Goals for 2016 are many, but primarily I would like to see my small "Tactical Realism" / "MilSim" project with ARAIG be successful. I am designing a private campaign for my friends that will double as a training of sorts for our other endeavors. It's a labor of love for me, I want to provide a place where members are able / FORCED to play Arma 3 as they would need to in real life. These types of games are where I think Arma 3 shines, and I hope I can share that vibe with people who choose to tag along. THAT would be all I could ask for in 2016 as far as Gaming.
I can't log in anymore (?) ...But this is my TA/XBL Account from years ago!
http://www.trueachievements.com/CaptainOvaltine.htm
Image GoW2 Lvl 100 Image GoW2 Serious2.0 / All Achievements!
Uncle Boom

Postby nate » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Games I'd like to beat this year:

Mac
Broken Age
Pillars of Eternity

Wii
Yoshi's Woolly World

3DS
Professor Layton & the Azran Legacy
Pokemon Y
Dragon Quest VII*

PS3
The Last of Us
Puppeteer*
Rachet and Clank: Into the Nexus*

If I can finish all of the ones without stars it'd completely clear my backlog for the first time in probably a decade since I started gaming. The ones with stars are either not out yet or I haven't gotten around to buying them. If I beat those 3 games on PS3, it'd finish out the remaining games I wanted to play on that system. I'll definitely be getting Dragon Quest VII and possibly the new Mario and Luigi. Is the new Zelda coming out this year? I'll be getting that too if it is. Persona V? Crap. No way am I beating all of those games. Sigh... :(
nate

Return to Gaming