Dropped Games 2016

Moderator: nate

Dropped Games 2016

Postby rwburnham » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:29 am

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut (Steam) - I already finished the original version of this game, so playing the Final Cut was just a bonus for me because I really like this series. I hit a point where I am not sure how to proceed and none of my quests are giving me a location to go to, so I am calling it quits. Since the Final Cut version is considered a separate product from the original version, I was able to rack up a bunch of new achievements, so that was nice.
rwburnham

Re: Dropped Games 2016

Postby rwburnham » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Aquaria - I swam around for 30 minutes and then got bored.

Drakensang - I bought this based on Bryant’s recommendation, but I could not get it to run in full screen. Even in windowed mode, it crashed a lot, so I asked for a refund. Maybe when they work out the bugs I’ll give it another go.
rwburnham

Postby Kazriko » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:36 pm

rwburnham wrote:Aquaria - I swam around for 30 minutes and then got bored.

That's about my experience with it, I should go back and try again sometime though.

rwburnham wrote:Drakensang - I bought this based on Bryant’s recommendation, but I could not get it to run in full screen. Even in windowed mode, it crashed a lot, so I asked for a refund. Maybe when they work out the bugs I’ll give it another go.

I thought it was a free to play game?

Oh, I see. There's an offline version of Drakensang. I think he was just referring to the "Drakensang Online" one that's free to play.
Kazriko

Postby rwburnham » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:32 am

Kazriko wrote:
rwburnham wrote:Oh, I see. There's an offline version of Drakensang. I think he was just referring to the "Drakensang Online" one that's free to play.

I didn't realize there were two versions of the game. I am going to have to go back and check out the Online version and see if it runs any better than the offline Steam version.
rwburnham

Postby rwburnham » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:29 am

Doom (PC) - Despite all the neat things this game does, I just don’t want to play it anymore. It’s too frantic, I get lost too often, and I think I am burned out on the first-person shooter genre.
rwburnham

Return to Gaming