2015! Up and AWAY!

Moderator: nate

Re: 2015! Up and AWAY!

Postby nate » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:59 pm

It's on my list once it gets cheap enough. I was a big fan of the last one one. :D
nate

Postby nate » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Method Man "The Meth Lab"-- It was a mix tape and still sounds like one despite the rebilling as an album. Also, it's not a Method Man solo album either. There's literally not a single track where he has more than 1 verse and the guest rappers are not even close to up to par. Still, there are some killer tracks. Just know what you're signing up for.

Jason Isbell "Something More Than Free"-- As good as the hype. Great songwriting and musicianship all around. A little too mellow in some spots and the back half is MUCH stronger than the front.

Blackalicious "Imani vol 1"--First off, I hate "vol 1" projects mostly because 9 times out of 10 it's abandoned before a vol 2. Also, considering there was a 10 year wait for this album, I find myself disappointed. It's not bad it's just not worth the anticipation. There are some decent tracks, but that's really the best I can say for this one. It's decent. Maybe it'll grow on me with time?
nate

Postby Weidleface » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:46 pm

I just want to give a quick shoutout to Big Grams- the collaboration of Big Boi and Phantogram. If you haven't given them a shot yet, I highly recommend that you do. I'm loving their EP right now, especially "Born to Shine," their track with Run the Jewels.
Weidleface

Postby fsmetal » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:43 am

You know...I have only really bought 3 albums that were actually released this year, and two of them is a remaster of a 2001 album. I bought:

Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard remaster on vinyl
Hatebeak - Number of the Beak
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers remaster

I quite enjoy all 3. The remaster of Prowler in the Yard is significantly improved from the original. The mixing is a lot better. The Rolling Stones came with a second disc that I could, honestly, live without. the live tracks on it are fun, but the unreleased studio stuff was unreleased for a reason. IT did come with the album on vinyl, though. That is cool. My vinyl version does not come with a working zipper, though.

Aside from that, I have bought a ton of other albums this year, but they were all older stuff. My most recent acquisition is the Them Crooked Vultures album. It's great. I like it a whole hell of a lot
fsmetal

Previous

Return to Music