Talkin that 20-1-3

Moderator: nate

Re: Talkin that 20-1-3

Postby nate » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:59 pm

Reanimation has long been my favorite LP record. Even when I hated their normal records, I've always enjoyed that one.
nate

Postby goodlucksaturday » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 pm

I might be the only person on earth still listening to Saves the Day, but I'm fine hearing some steady, enjoyable material every so often from Chris and friends. Their new album is definitely lighter than Daybreak, which I like. Good melodies and hooks on this one.

Now the new Perfume album is very much an electropop triumph. Perfume fused with more EDM elements suits them. Big sounding, thoroughly modern, so much happening. Definitely a favorite this year.
goodlucksaturday

Postby nate » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:54 pm

I lost interest around the trilogy they did. I only got Under the Board out of it and that album sucked. I adore In Reverie, though.
nate

Postby goodlucksaturday » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Yeah, Under the Boards was pretty bad, easily their worst record, assuming you don't count that wtf girl/guy release with the dude from Say Anything. Daybreak was considerably better, but still needlessly dark at times to fit in what that trilogy, I guess. Their new one is pretty bright and upbeat. I hesitate to say their best since In Reverie since I spun Sound the Alarm to death, but I enjoy it.

20/20 Experience - 2 of 2 is better than I was expecting. Not as good as the first one, but I dislike less songs on this one, so that's nice. Washed up Jay gets a passing grade for his verse since it didn't ruin the song outright.

Apparently Bad Religion are releasing a Christmas album. Why not?
goodlucksaturday

Postby nate » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:00 pm

goodlucksaturday wrote:Yeah, Under the Boards was pretty bad, easily their worst record, assuming you don't count that wtf girl/guy release with the dude from Say Anything. Daybreak was considerably better, but still needlessly dark at times to fit in what that trilogy, I guess. Their new one is pretty bright and upbeat. I hesitate to say their best since In Reverie since I spun Sound the Alarm to death, but I enjoy it.

20/20 Experience - 2 of 2 is better than I was expecting. Not as good as the first one, but I dislike less songs on this one, so that's nice. Washed up Jay gets a passing grade for his verse since it didn't ruin the song outright.

Apparently Bad Religion are releasing a Christmas album. Why not?

I really dug the few songs off it I heard. I may have to pick it up. It's also arguably the album cover of the year. :D

As to the Bad Religion Christmas album... there are no words to describe how weird a project that is. :lol:
nate

Postby nate » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:52 pm

So Phonte has officially released as many Foreign Exchange albums as Little Brother albums. Which project would you consider to be his defining work? I always think of him as part of Little Brother, but Foreign Exchange has even lasted longer time wise. Huh.

Anyway, I skipped the last FE album and the new one is pleasant. It feels more Nicolay than Phonte, but I don't know if that comparison even makes sense anymore. I suppose even with earlier R&B efforts, it still felt like a joint venture. This album sounds like a Nicolay album that Phonte sings on to me. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad. Or even if it's a thing at all.

Oh well.
nate

Postby goodlucksaturday » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 pm

New AFI is okay, not bad, and fine. I'll take it.
goodlucksaturday

Postby goodlucksaturday » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:14 pm

And the new Arcade Fire really drags. It gets samesy on the second half. Not really impressed. Some good songs, but eh.

I got it at Best Buy, which came with three stupid art prints that fall out of the case every time you don't death grip it closed. Not sure what to do with them because they're stupid and not even interesting to look at.
goodlucksaturday

Postby nate » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm really into the new Arcade Fire. I want the new AFI, but its awfully pricey right now.
nate

Postby Weidleface » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:00 am

I can't express how excited I am for MMLP 2. Barring "Berserk," every one of Em's releases/leaked tracks has been on point, especially "Rap God." Tuesday can't come soon enough.
Weidleface

PreviousNext

Return to Music