So new Arrested Development is a thing

Moderator: nate

So new Arrested Development is a thing

Postby nate » Mon May 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Not a very good thing, but it's a thing nonetheless. I watched the first two episodes and they go on FOREVER. Not being constrained to 22 minutes really hurts them. The first episode had one laugh out loud moment amongst the yuck, but the second one was just plain bad.
nate

Re: So new Arrested Development is a thing

Postby goodlucksaturday » Mon May 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Some of the early episodes and some of the storylines are really hit or miss, but I rather enjoy the lengths of the episodes. Taking my time with it, four episodes left, looking forward to seeing how it wraps up. I'm not surprised a lot of people aren't feeling it. This is a show where less is more as much as people want to whine about it being canceled. But it's got its highlights and I'm enjoying it to its fullest.
goodlucksaturday

Postby TSL » Wed May 29, 2013 8:54 pm

It def gets better. I didn't like the first two episodes either. But Terry Crews is in the episode I'm watching now, so it's an instant win. :lol:
TSL

Postby goodlucksaturday » Thu May 30, 2013 7:47 am

Herbert Love is awesome. Favorite new character with Dr. Norman.
goodlucksaturday

Postby TSL » Thu May 30, 2013 6:11 pm

Man, Right around episode 6,7 the show just got whack. I hope it ends stronger than it's pushing right now.
TSL

Postby nate » Fri May 31, 2013 6:57 am

bchambers wrote:Man, Right around episode 6,7 the show just got whack. I hope it ends stronger than it's pushing right now.

So gets better means for, what, an episode?
nate

Postby TSL » Fri May 31, 2013 2:34 pm

nate wrote:
bchambers wrote:Man, Right around episode 6,7 the show just got whack. I hope it ends stronger than it's pushing right now.

So gets better means for, what, an episode?

It's pocketed. How good the episode is basically depends on who it's dedicated to. Job, & Tobias' episodes were decent. George Michael's episode was MONEY minus one or two scenes that were unnecessary. Maebe's episode was aight. George Sr.'s Episode sucked. I fell asleep on Buster's episode (13 I think), but what I saw was by FAR the best of all the episodes. There is one scene that NO one but the dude that plays Buster could have pulled off as funny as he did. :lol:

Plus, as you begin to see that the show is basically the comedy version of the movie Crash in reverse, you start to appreciate the writing--even if the delivery is not always particularly hilarious.
TSL

Return to Movies - TV - Anime