Currently watching? & just completed.

Moderator: nate

Currently watching? & just completed.

Postby SoulEaterQUEEN » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:22 pm

If there is already a thread of this, I apologize, and wouldn't mind merging this post.

Just completed: Rin (I watched this on crappy Funimation service). It was a dark mature anime about solving cases which I enjoyed, but was it ever pretty messed up. Those who've seen it would probably agree. I don't think it was a good direction for the show to take, I just wish the cases were kept, rather than just focusing on the lore (the lore is where it was weird). I did like the timeline progress of it though.

Currently watching: Maria the Virgin Witch. It has an interesting setting. No idea how I feel about it yet.
SoulEaterQUEEN

Re: Currently watching? & just completed.

Postby nate » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:03 pm

I'm watching Frasier. I don't watch much in the way of TV or movies, so I've been working through it on Netflix for months when I feed baby her bottle. I'm partway through Season 6. :D
nate

Postby rwburnham » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:33 am

I am in the middle of season 3 of The Wire. It’s a pretty good show. Great acting, interesting plots, layered characters, and it takes place in Baltimore which is fun for me since I was born and raised in Maryland.

My wife and I have been watching the entire series of The Simpsons over the past few months. She’s from Thailand so until she met me in 2004 she had never seen that show and she loves the newer episodes. It’s been fun sharing this bit of culture with her.

I watch a bunch of stuff on Hulu, like Gotham, The Mindy Project, The Daily Show, Modern Family, South Park, and Crazy Ex-girlfriend, which are all good shows.

On the anime side, I have been watching Heaven’s Lost Property and Rosario + Vampire on Netflix, both of which are fun, boobalicious shows, although sometimes the loud, frantic voice-overs can be annoying.
rwburnham

Postby nate » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:46 pm

I loved the Mindy Project, but got behind last season and never caught up because of online streaming BS and now its on Hulu, which I don't use.
nate

Postby SoulEaterQUEEN » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:41 pm

I just completed In Search of Lost Future (anime), it was a supernatural slice of life with drama/sci fi flavour. It was decent. I mean I understand some of the criticism it got, but it certainly wasn't terrible -- probably the pacing of it was the worst of it. But it was only 12 episodes, and it was interesting.
SoulEaterQUEEN

Return to Movies - TV - Anime