Fizzled out on Pillars of Eternity

Moderator: Kazriko

Fizzled out on Pillars of Eternity

Postby merph518 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:11 am

4/6/2015

Birthday parties and other RL junk dominated my weekend so I didn't get any playtime in. I did get Pillars installed and fully updated though finally!

merph518

Re: Fizzled out on Pillars of Eternity

Postby merph518 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:14 am

4/9/2015

Haven't had much time for gameplay in my den (where I have my PC/PS4 set up), so I haven't made any headway on Pillars yet.

I've put about 6 hours into Majora's Mask on 3DS over the last 2 days, in little 30-40 minute bites while on lunchbreak or watching my daughter. Portability + game suspending is a winning combination. Enjoying it so far, I finished the temple in the swamp and now I'm roaming around collecting heart containers and items.

I've got a tracking system where I count both the number of games I've beaten per month and the hours played, but only hours played for beaten games. I've got 22 hours into Bloodborne and 23 hours into Borderlands 2 and I'd really like to get those both finished during April to get them on my list. With what little gametime I get I don't want to "waste" 45 hours of play and leave those games hanging. It might seem silly to some, but this was the system I developed to encourage myself to beat games instead of fizzling out. It helped me go from beating maybe 1 or 2 games per year to between 60 and 80 each year for the past 3 years.

I'm honestly not sure if I'll play much Pillars this month due to that. I like the game, but I don't love it. It probably partially stems from the fact that I never played the old games in this style like Fallout 1, Baldur's Gate, etc, so I don't have the nostalgia factor. Pillars is a modernized, love letter to those games, but I was never much of a fan of them.

merph518

Re: Fizzled out on Pillars of Eternity

Postby merph518 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:15 am

At this point I put the game down. I had other games I was playing on PS4, and I got hooked on Majora's Mask for 3DS and those eclipsed Pillars for me.

merph518

Return to Round 5 - Star Ocean 2 + Pillars of Eternity